Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authenticity Awards...

  • Megan & Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004
      The only society-wide awards are the Award of Arms, the Grant of Arms, the Patent of Arms, Knight, Laurel, Pelican, Viscount/ess, Count/ess, Duke/Duchess, and of course Prince/ss, King and Queen. So if you earn a grant level award in Ealdormere, even though you would have more precedence than someone with just a basic Grant as long as you stayed within Ealdormere, when you come to play in the Middle, you are only of a rank of someone with a basic grant. I covered this with our minister of Protocol recently because we have a couple who participate both within Ealdormere, and the Middle, and this is the short form of what I was told. (Any mistakes are the fault of the swiss chesse style holes in my own brain I'm sure. :) )

      FWIW though, I wouldn't mind seeing every kingdom have an authenticity award. Here in the MidRealm we have the Award of the King's Chalice, it is given to those that have displayed excellence and authenticity in their chosen fields and was started in '97 and has been given to 36 gentles since then.

      Gwenhyfar