Re: [Authentic_SCA] Determining Interest in Authenticity (OT)

  • Debbie Dresner
    Message 1 of 94 , Oct 1, 2004
      Umm...(har har).. I'll make this fast as it is OT -
      that's a nice way of seeing it - it still makes me
      cringe whenever I see it, and I will never like it,
      but the benefit of the doubt is always the better way
      to see things.

      Demetria

      --- Willow Polson <willow@...> wrote:

      > At 09:48 AM 10/1/2004 -0700, you wrote:
      So, over the years I've
      > also learned to give
      > people the benefit of the doubt, and not assume an
      > "umm" is a condescending
      > noise. 8-)

      =====

      __________________________________

      Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est.

      http://vote.yahoo.com
    • Lisa
      Message 94 of 94 , Oct 5, 2004
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia J Ley <cley@j...>
        wrote:

        > Another mildly amusing story:
        >
        > A friend and I were at an event one day running the A&S pavilion
        when a
        > lady of our acquaintance came up to us and said, "You know, I've
        been
        > watching you two for months, and you know, you're the best
        Christians I
        > know."
        >
        > We were both practicing Wiccans at the time, and gently explained
        this to
        > her.
        >
        > Arlys

        That's too funny! Just goes to show that treating people with
        respect and kindness knows no "religious" boundaries.

        Ysabel