RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: belts

  • Rita
    Message 1 of 94 , Oct 1, 2004
      Thanks--is that on-line or in my library?
      fiona

      One place to start is with the Museum of London book series volume on
      Dress Accessories. There are photos and detailed descriptions of
      buckles and belt fittings found at digs in England.

      Jehanne de Wodeford
    • Lisa
      Message 94 of 94 , Oct 5, 2004
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia J Ley <cley@j...>
        wrote:

        > Another mildly amusing story:
        >
        > A friend and I were at an event one day running the A&S pavilion
        when a
        > lady of our acquaintance came up to us and said, "You know, I've
        been
        > watching you two for months, and you know, you're the best
        Christians I
        > know."
        >
        > We were both practicing Wiccans at the time, and gently explained
        this to
        > her.
        >
        > Arlys

        That's too funny! Just goes to show that treating people with
        respect and kindness knows no "religious" boundaries.

        Ysabel