Persona vs Personality (was Re: re celtic)

  • Marc Carlson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer / Guenievre"
      <Generys@b...> wrote:
      > So I'm curious how you play this (at events and such I mean) without
      > getting your friends and acquaintances confused as to "who is who"?

      At this stage, I have a huge amount of trouble actually getting to BE
      Diarmaid for any length of time at events -- Diarmaid doesn't teach
      most of the sorts of classes that I teach at events, Diarmaid doesn't
      make shoes, Diarmaid (as a foreigner living in England) doesn't
      regularly talk to peers, nobles and so on, if he can possibly avoid it
      (unless it's for some scheming reason, and then only if the noble
      initiates conversation). He's particularly obnoxious and
      condescending to anyone to doesn't have the divine blessing to have
      been born Irish, plus he has a particular dislike for "Germans" (It
      was once noted that since he has to hire someone to be his wife's
      champion - it was in the marriage contract - he only hires Germans,
      Saxons, Danes. When asked why he explained that they bleed better).
      He's devious, deceitful and a politician - an academic Bill Clinton
      with less charm but a more scathing wit.

      Diarmaid's idea of "snarking" about costume is to walk up to a badly
      dressed woman and suggesting a price.

      Personally, I think he needs to die :)

      Marc/Diarmaid