cotton velvet and Arabic placenames (unrelated)

  • Melissa A Barton (S)
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2004
      1. I am looking for a good online source of cotton velvet (especially
      black), not velveteen, preferably for $7/yard 60" or less, but I'll pay up
      to ten. My searches thus far have been futile (the cotton velvet swatches
      I ordered from Denver Fabrics did not impress me, as well as being more
      expensive, so they're out of the question). Does anyone know of such a
      source?

      2. I am looking for a list of Arabic placenames in period. Unfortunately,
      I don't know *when* in period, but I need a period spelling or spellings
      for Antioch/Antakiya. I haven't managed to find anything thus far, and
      it's not really my area of expertise, so I also don't know where to look.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      -Qara Qulan

    • Elizabeth Walpole
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2004
        > 1. I am looking for a good online source of cotton velvet (especially
        > black), not velveteen, preferably for $7/yard 60" or less, but I'll pay up
        > to ten. My searches thus far have been futile (the cotton velvet swatches
        > I ordered from Denver Fabrics did not impress me, as well as being more
        > expensive, so they're out of the question). Does anyone know of such a
        > source?
        <snip>
        IIRC this store sells cotton velvet at about $10/yd
        <http://www.classactfabrics.com/other%20fabrics/velvet_fabric.htm> but I
        haven't ordered anything from them so I can't comment on quality or service.
        Elizabeth
        ----
        Elizabeth Beaumont Elizabeth Walpole
        in OR in
        Politarchopolis, Lochac Canberra, Australia
        ewalpole@...