RE: [Authentic_SCA] Technical literacy, was Re: Broken piccy links

  • KILIAN METCALF
    Message 1 of 169 , Aug 31, 2004
      >From: "wodeford" <wodeford@...>
      >To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Authentic_SCA] Technical literacy, was Re: Broken piccy links
      >Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:39:21 -0000

      Does anyone remember slide rules? I had to learn to use one in high
      school because pocket calculators were new, hideously expensive and
      too primitive to do logarithmic functions.

      I have fond memories of my Keuffel & Esser slipstick that I used in high
      school. It was yellow and had its own leather carrying case. No one could
      afford a pocket calculator and the slide rules were just as fast, accurate
      and never needed batteries.

      Columbe de Palomares
      Kilian Metcalf
      1kilian@...
    • Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      Message 169 of 169 , Aug 2, 2006
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the Authentic_SCA
        group.

        File : /book reviews.doc
        Uploaded by : aheilvei <amyheilveil@...>
        Description : Calligraphy and Illumination book reviews

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        aheilvei <amyheilveil@...>