More clothing questions

  • Tim Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Ok, after consultation with a gentleman whos making me a new helm
      (yeah I know), I am moving my life line up a few years. I am now
      interested in say 1200-1250, more crusaderish, but......

      So how does this effect my wardrobe? What clothing should a man of
      station have? I have several more simple tunics, and I am looking at
      more. Is the Blaut(SP?) still the mainstay or has something else come
      in.

      And my second biggy--since I have a few kids to clothe and they may
      or may not want the same periods, I believe as I did in the armor
      sections, need to invest in some research materials. Can you Gals
      and Guys reccommend a few books that are available? I have access to
      the worlds WORST library, so relying on it is a joke. I think I might
      get a few things via library loan if the book is out of print.

      BTW-Should I use the term costume here? I know we used to use the
      term garb, but dang it all these are my clothes! The real costume is
      that silly arse tie I wear during the week.

      Anselm (Tim)
    • sismith42
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        Anselm (Tim) wrote:
        > sections, need to invest in some research materials. Can you Gals
        > and Guys reccommend a few books that are available? I have access to
        > the worlds WORST library, so relying on it is a joke. I think I might
        > get a few things via library loan if the book is out of print.

        Check out the database section on the website... lots of book reviews to
        peruse :-) There's also a bunch of good links to get you started, as books can
        add up. Oh, and search the archives for children's clothing, as that was
        discussed here a few months back...

        > BTW-Should I use the term costume here? I know we used to use the
        > term garb, but dang it all these are my clothes! The real costume is
        > that silly arse tie I wear during the week.

        :-) You rock! Calling what you're making "clothes" is fine, esp as that appears
        to already be how you see them :-)

        Cheers,
        Estevana