Re: additional information on linings

  • Tiffany Brown / Lady Teffania Tukerton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, MORRISTH@a... wrote:
      > Ok I have basically two sets of clothing, one from the mid 12
      century, and

      You may need to ask your question several differnt ways as we do get
      easily distracted by peripheral (but interesting) questions.

      Basic 12th C working gear is a wool tunic cut in the period way (just
      ask for refs), about knee length for men, hose and braes underneath.
      Fancy 12th C clothes are different but I'm assuming (perhaps hastily)
      that your 12th C clothing might be your working wear and your italian
      ren your dress gear.
      Exact details are tricky - extant garments are from kings, bishops,
      etc are expensive silk or undergarments, etc. So not at all
      representative of normal clothes. (but they are all t-tunic shaped).

      Please feel free to keep formulating further more precise questions
      about 12th C clothing here, or on the other list (where you'll have
      more 12thC people listening), since I'm not going to rant on details
      until I have a better knowledge of what you already know, and how you
      want to wear your clothing.

      Teffania
      (12thC english lady who occasionally maskerades as a 21st Chemistry
      grad student)