Re: modifying simplicity pattern for more accuracy?

  • msgilliandurham
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Walpole"
      <ewalpole@a...> wrote:
      > > >I have been asked to give recommendations as to how modify
      Simplicity
      > > >8881 ("the Shakespeare in Love dress") to be more historically
      > > >accurate and to be more middle class.<snip>

      See Margo Anderson's recommendations on this: (not completed because
      she has started her own pattern company)

      http://www.directcon.net/wander/simp.htm

      For *lots* of Elizabethan clothing info in general, see

      http://costume.dm.net/

      And Ms. Anderson covers lower and middle class Elizabethan here:

      http://www.directcon.net/wander/lizcos.htm

      Hope this helps --

      Gillian Durham