Re: [Authentic_SCA] Silly was Kilts

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
      In a message dated 8/12/2004 2:36:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<"...I'm most especially not into it on men who have no idea how to 'sit like
      a lady.' "

      Yeah, but isn't that one way to find out what a Scotsman wears under his
      kilt? *tongue firmly in cheek*>>

      That's actually how I met my best friend (who is male...) I was observing in
      chirurgeon's point at Pennsic before working my first shift and was sitting
      on the edge of one of the low (maybe 6 inches high) wooden risers they used to
      use for flooring. He came and sat down on the riser opposite me, basically by
      squatting and sitting back, so I got the full view before I even said hello
      to him. I eventually pointed this out and he was extremely embarrassed, but
      couldn't figure out how to sit down without flashing everyone in front of him
      (and being a man wouldn't take my advice on how to do it gracefully), and
      finally resorted to reaching down, grabbing the front and back of the skirt, and
      holding them together when he sat down there.

      Brangwayna