Re: [Authentic_SCA] Strange camping question

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
      In a message dated 8/1/2004 5:28:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<I'd agree here, as urine should have no bacteria in it whatsoever except
      what it's picked up from the air around it after it left your body. If it's
      got bacteria before it left your body then you've got a problem, therefore
      it should not be a health concern for anybody. If you think people will be
      grossed out by it >>

      Most of the people in my camp wouldn't care - but there is one woman who is
      paranoid about infections and diseases and especialy food-borne illnesses - so
      much so that she refuses to eat almost anything except canned foods at
      Pennsic. She's just convinced that we can't keep food safely in coolers although
      we've never had a case of any sort of stomach illness (other than those related
      to drinking or indigestion) in the 8 years I've been camping with the group. I
      suspect this is due to the fact that she works in a lab processing specimens
      to test for food-borne illness.
      I can just see her reaction when I appear in the morning carrying a pot of
      *urine* through the camp, probably right past the kitchen tent, and then rinse
      the pot at the spigot and dump it in the sump hole...She'll probably have a
      heart attack on the spot.

      Brangwayna