Re: [aotc] Thought Experiment

  • Hasoferet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2004
      I'm sorry to cross-post this, but since I blipped it to another list, I'd
      like to respond to both.

      In a message dated 7/30/2004 8:39:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      dpeters@... writes:

      > If time, money and space were no object, what seemingly-unobtainable
      > object(s) would you want to get to complete your portrayal? (Of course,
      > one person's "unobtainable" might be another person's "no brainer"--like
      > an apartment-dweller dreaming of a medieval knot garden...) One catch:
      > the answer can't be clothing :-)

      Other people! Not necessarily servants, because heck, I only play on
      weekends, and what do I do with the servants in between? (I know. They sew. Nice
      thought.)

      And, like other folks, I'd love to have buildings, a Barcelona townhouse with
      a courtyard and rooftop bath, a synagogue, a whole city. But for SCA
      purposes, to make my portrayal of my persona complete in the SCA, I need other people
      also playing fourteenth century Catalan Jews. A household's worth.

      That would be FUN.

      However, like the genie says, you can't make anyone fall in love, with a
      person or a culture--so I'll settle for Raquel's grandfather's library.

      Raquel filla d'Astruch Crescas de Narbona, who had one heck of a book
      collection