RE: [Authentic_SCA] Garb and setup

  • Giovanna d'Este
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2004
      It seriously depends. I passed ten years in ACW and RevWar before I got into
      the SCA, so being in public in garb doesn't bother me, if I've got somewhere
      to go in it. I'll stop and put gas in the van in a houppelande on the way to
      fighter practice, or go into a steakhouse in Italian Ren, but it is very
      dependent on what it is my schedule is. If I'm raising canvas, I prefer to
      do it in jeans. But one-day events that are close mean I'd rather wear the
      houp than try to pack it, and people will just have to deal with seeing it
      in the McDonald's there and back. Most events tend to mean that we ride over
      in jeans and change once the multitude of stuff's been carried in.

      Al vostro servizio,
      Signora Giovanna d'Este

      Vert, on a billet Or three fleurs-de-lys, one and two, sable, a bordure
      dancetty Or.

      "Numquam Succumbe"