Fealty booklet

  • Laurie Hupman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
      Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the little booklet of fealty
      contracts that was put out a couple of years ago?

      Thanks,
      Rose
    • Lyle H. Gray
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
        On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Laurie Hupman wrote:

        > Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the little booklet of fealty
        > contracts that was put out a couple of years ago?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rose

        This is the contact information I have from the inside front
        cover:

        "Faith in Life and Limb": Fealty and Homage Ceremonies of the
        Middle Ages
        Main text Copyright (c) 1998 Edward L. Eisenstien

        Potboiler Press
        Box 30171
        Columbia, Missouri 65205
        email:alban@...

        --
        Lyle H. Gray
        gray@... -- text only, please
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
          Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

          Rose

          Quoting "Lyle H. Gray" <gray@...>:
          > This is the contact information I have from the inside front
          > cover:
          >
          > "Faith in Life and Limb": Fealty and Homage Ceremonies of the
          > Middle Ages
          > Main text Copyright (c) 1998 Edward L. Eisenstien
          >
          > Potboiler Press
          > Box 30171
          > Columbia, Missouri 65205
          > email:alban@...
        • julian wilson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
            Someone actually published a booklet containing Fealty Ceremonies?
            Fantastic. Just the special-interest itmes I need for a new script!
            One of the scenarios I want to write for our Companie of the Duke's Leopards is the swearing-in of Liegemen, Household Officers, Men-at-Arms, and Archers.
            Held in the Lower Ward of Gorey Castle, [see jpeg file attached for castle pic] such ceremonies would have the potential to be hugely impressive to the Tourists, - and will contribute greatly to the new "team spirit" growing in our XVth Century Living-history group, as new-recruits arrive.
            Is the booklet still available? How much was it priced at? Is that the address to enquire to?
            In Service,
            Julian Wilson,
            Re-enactor, Historian, Scriptwriter, & Master Artisan to the Companie,
            in "olde" Jersey

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
              On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, julian wilson wrote:

              > Someone actually published a booklet containing Fealty
              > Ceremonies? Fantastic. Just the special-interest itmes I
              > need for a new script! One of the scenarios I want to write
              > for our Companie of the Duke's Leopards is the swearing-in of
              > Liegemen, Household Officers, Men-at-Arms, and Archers.
              > Held in the Lower Ward of Gorey Castle, [see jpeg file
              > attached for castle pic] such ceremonies would have the
              > potential to be hugely impressive to the Tourists, - and will
              > contribute greatly to the new "team spirit" growing in our
              > XVth Century Living-history group, as new-recruits arrive.

              I wish I could get to Gorey Castle to see this.

              > Is the booklet still available? How much was it priced at?

              Quoted from the bottom of the inside cover:

              "This publication is free, if hand-delivered by publisher. If
              you wish copies to be mailed, please indicate first- or
              fourth-class, and send money, enough to cover shipping for four
              ounces per copy. Any excess payments will be donated to the
              S.C.A. and/or one of its parts."

              > Is that the address to enquire to?

              Absolutely.

              I happen to know the man, but I don't believe that that figured
              at all into the fact that he handed me five copies a few years
              ago...

              Regards,
              Lyle

              --
              Lyle H. Gray
              gray@... -- text only, please
              http://members.verizon.net/~vze3wwx7
            • Karl Brockfeld
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
                Rose,

                I dont think you'll find Alban at that address
                anymore, I believe he can be found at:

                alban@...

                Best, Karl
                Lost Forest
                Calontir

                --- Laurie Hupman <rose@...> wrote:
                > Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.
                >
                > Rose
                >
                > Quoting "Lyle H. Gray" <gray@...>:
                > > This is the contact information I have from the
                > inside front
                > > cover:
                > >
                > > "Faith in Life and Limb": Fealty and Homage
                > Ceremonies of the
                > > Middle Ages
                > > Main text Copyright (c) 1998 Edward L. Eisenstien
                > >
                > > Potboiler Press
                > > Box 30171
                > > Columbia, Missouri 65205
                > > email:alban@...

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • Laurie Hupman
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
                  Do you still see him regularly? I tried emailing, but it bounced.

                  Thanks,
                  Rose

                  Quoting "Lyle H. Gray" <gray@...>:
                  > I happen to know the man, but I don't believe that that figured
                  > at all into the fact that he handed me five copies a few years
                  > ago...
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Lyle
                • Lyle H. Gray
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004
                    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Laurie Hupman wrote:

                    > Do you still see him regularly? I tried emailing, but it bounced.

                    I normally see him at Pennsic, but I haven't been there in the
                    past few years.

                    His SCA name is Alban St. Albans. I'll see if I can find a more
                    recent email address for him, or for Potboiler Press.

                    Lyle

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 7, 2004

                      Try alban@...