Re: [Authentic_SCA] One Pennsic at a time....advice please

  • Andrea Huwydd Lycsenbwrg
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 4, 2004
      Thank you for all the advice on Pennsic storage.
      Alas, it now appears I shall not be able to do Pennsic
      this year due to my lord's illness - but that gives me
      a whole year to put together my kit for next year.

      BTB, is using "my lord" to refer to one's spouse
      actually period? I know the feudal terminology was
      applied to one's lady love, according to the courtly
      love conventions, but would it also have been used in
      the marital relationship? Something is teasing the
      edges of my lamentable memory, that in Old Testament
      times "baal" meant both "lord" and "husband", but that
      is just a bit OOP.

      Gwervyl

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Hasoferet@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 4, 2004
        In a message dated 7/4/2004 1:16:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        huwydd@... writes:

        > Something is teasing the
        > edges of my lamentable memory, that in Old Testament
        > times "baal" meant both "lord" and "husband", but that
        > is just a bit OOP.

        Yes, 'baal' is 'lord', and is used to refer to a woman's husband as
        well--both Biblical and modern Hebrew, I think it's also used in medieval Hebrew, but
        don't know.

        Raquel