RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Repetititve stress injuries (oop)

  • Mary Taran
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      My mother developed "Gamekeeper's Thumb" 22 years ago. Gamekeeper's thumb
      was most commonly associated with Scottish gamekeepers, especially rabbit
      keepers, in whom it was a work-related injury. The injury occurred as the
      gamekeepers sacrificed the rabbits by breaking their necks between the
      ground and their thumbs and index fingers. The thumb would be injured as a
      result of the valgus force on an abducted metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint.
      The ulnar collateral injury would result in instability accompanied by pain
      and weakness of the pinch grasp.

      My mother, to the best of my knowledge, never broke anyone's or anything's
      neck.

      Mary Taran