RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Repetititve stress injuries (oop)

  • Madonna Apollonia Margherita degli Albiz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      My then 4 year old son had to have both thumbs operated on due to this...
      He could not move the last joint on either thumb, it was just stuck. And I
      never made him do the laundry, either!

      Apollonia
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        My mother developed "Gamekeeper's Thumb" 22 years ago. Gamekeeper's thumb
        was most commonly associated with Scottish gamekeepers, especially rabbit
        keepers, in whom it was a work-related injury. The injury occurred as the
        gamekeepers sacrificed the rabbits by breaking their necks between the
        ground and their thumbs and index fingers. The thumb would be injured as a
        result of the valgus force on an abducted metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint.
        The ulnar collateral injury would result in instability accompanied by pain
        and weakness of the pinch grasp.

        My mother, to the best of my knowledge, never broke anyone's or anything's
        neck.

        Mary Taran