Re: [Authentic_SCA] Peasant Girl clothing help

  • Hasoferet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2004
      In a message dated 6/25/04 7:08:51 AM, aheilvei@... writes:

      << hello. I am trying to locate a garment for a 15th or 16th century

      peasant girl child. the daughter of a stable groom in a knight's

      employ. she would have been about 13 or 14.

      As far as I can determine it was a homespun grey wool gown with a

      linen kertch to cover her hair. and an overskirt which doubled as

      an apron.

      Can you tell me where I might find pictures of this garment to

      verify its origin? I'm not sure, but I think it was northern

      european, but not english. a celtic peasant garment perhaps?

      When you say you're trying to 'locate', can you explain where the original
      reference to this came from?

      Thanks,

      Raquel

      Do not beg. Do not refuse. Preserve. Bestow.

      --Colman mac Beognae, 'The Alphabet of Devotion