RE: [Authentic_SCA] roux?

  • Giovanna d'Este
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2004
      I've seen something like that, and it was in Sabrina Welserin's cookbook,
      which is German and 1596, I believe. But it was only the one recipe out of
      many. So it's enough for me to not say "They NEVER did it" but I still stick
      to "They RARELY did it."

      I like sieved bread crumbs better for sauces anyway. The time spent making
      them is well worth the absolute reliability of them as a sauce thickener.

      Al vostro servizio,
      Signora Giovanna d'Este

      Vert, on a billet Or three fleurs-de-lys, one and two, sable, a bordure
      dancetty Or.

      "Numquam Succumbe"