Roux the day...

  • Jeffrey Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2004
      Ok, well I don't have the recipe in front of me, but...

      In Das Kochbuch des Sabina Welserin the eleventh recipe is for
      yellow peppersauce.

      The recipe says to brown flour in fat, pour in wine and meat
      broth, and add spices. On Fast days, use pea broth instead of
      meat broth.

      The spices I used were those similar to a number of
      peppersauce recipes from the German corpus. I'd have to look
      at home to tell you which ones. I had a beef broth from a
      roast I did in red wine (a Cabernet that I keep around for
      cooking. it's fine to drink, but offlimits so that I know
      there'll be some when I go to make a roast) with cinnamon and
      salt and sage.

      Hope this helps.
      Cu drag,
      Bogdan
      "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?"
      - Albert Einstein