Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Period head coverings - help!

  • Kristen Dahle
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 2, 2004
      So with the hair twisted into the turban, I get a rather
      > bulky outer rim of the turban, noticeably thicker on the side that the
      hair went to first. The weight is also lopsided,

      Just a thought--
      Have you tried putting your hair into two braids, putting the center of the
      cloth over the top of your head, wrapping each braid separately with either
      end of the cloth, and then wrapping the two braids around your head from
      opposite directions? I've never tried this with a hair wrap, but I've done
      it with just my hair to get a more even around-the-head look under veiling.
      I can do this with two braids that start more or less straight down my back
      (the bulk ends up mostly at my neck then) or with braids that start over my
      ears.

      Pax,
      Elisa