1650 and all that

  • grimr_einarsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      Delurking a moment...

      It's my understanding that heralds will use death records that are
      dated post 1600 to document names. Example: If Joe Bob, a 73 year
      old Englishman, died in 1643, then we can place the name Joe Bob in
      England as early as 1570.

      Someone then heard 1650 out of context and went nuts with all the
      post 1600 stuff they wanted to do. The other option is they don't
      give a rodents backside about the rules most of us are playing by,
      and that really is too depressing to consider.

      Going back into the fog-
      Grímr