ajustable waistbands??

  • joe rummel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      I have seen a lot of waistbands (both at reenactment
      and SCA events) that have an ajustable lacing slot in
      the center back. This looks to be a very easy way of
      making pants/trunkhose for those needing various
      waistband sizes. What I can't find is any
      documentation for this, has anyone seen any period
      sources for this.

      Thanks in advance,
      Benedict Ashton, WSA
      Ansteorra
      Texas

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "aheilvei" <aheilvei@u...>
        wrote:
        > As for how I did, well, it was a good day. :^D <blush>

        Phew, I guess you figure you can sleep when you're dead. That's a
        lot of stuff!

        Congratulations.

        I had a good weekend too. Cynagua Coronet was held at a site in the
        Sierras so we had sun, pine trees and mountains as well as lush
        fairground grass for barefootin' around camp. I taught my "musical
        history tour class," taught a couple of songs at the children's
        campfire, vamped between rounds at the bardic competition (no, I did
        not compete), tried out a pea soup recipe that needs some tweaking
        in terms of balancing the seasonings but wasn't bad and was
        definitely filling....

        Jehanne the still yawning
      • twinkie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
          HUZZAH Despina, you go girl!! I am so happy and very
          proud of you for this achievement!

          Huggles!

          Mabbina
          --- aheilvei <aheilvei@...> wrote:

          > Congratulations to all of those who entered in the
          > Middle Kingdom
          > A&S Faire this last weekend.

          =====
          Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/