Re: [Authentic_SCA] overheard at An Tir Crown...

  • Jane Stockton
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2004
      At 03:00 PM 29/05/2004, you wrote:
      >Last weekend at An Tir Crown, during court (which was indoors), there were
      >many people taking photos using flash photography. This caused my beloved
      >(who is from Lochac) to remark "Ever notice how courts tend to happen
      >during thunderstorms with all the lightning flashes going on?"
      >
      >--Kareina

      Karenina,

      IKA showing its head again!! Generally, flash photography only happens when
      specifically approved (usually by an announcement at the start of court).

      Cheers,
      Jane

      ------------------------------------
      Jane Stockton - jane_stockton@...
      Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac

      In Prayse of the Needle - http://needleprayse.webcon.net.au/ (website)
      The Needles Excellency - http://www.laren.blogspot.com/ (blog)
    • Lyle H. Gray
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
        On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Jane Stockton wrote:

        > At 03:00 PM 29/05/2004, you wrote:
        > >Last weekend at An Tir Crown, during court (which was indoors), there were
        > >many people taking photos using flash photography. This caused my beloved
        > >(who is from Lochac) to remark "Ever notice how courts tend to happen
        > >during thunderstorms with all the lightning flashes going on?"
        > >
        > >--Kareina
        >
        > Karenina,
        >
        > IKA showing its head again!! Generally, flash photography
        > only happens when specifically approved (usually by an
        > announcement at the start of court).

        Indeed. In East Kingdom law, flash photography is explicitly
        forbidden in the "central area" of any event. Explicit law
        cannot be rescinded by a declaration in court: "The Crown's word
        has the force of law except where it conflicts with East Kingdom
        Law or the Governing Documents of the Society."

        --
        Lyle H. Gray
        gray@... -- text only, please