overheard at An Tir Crown...

  • Kareina Talvi Tytär
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2004
      Last weekend at An Tir Crown, during court (which was indoors), there were
      many people taking photos using flash photography. This caused my beloved
      (who is from Lochac) to remark "Ever notice how courts tend to happen
      during thunderstorms with all the lightning flashes going on?"

      --Kareina

    • kareina@inthe.sca.org

        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2004
          At 03:00 PM 29/05/2004, you wrote:
          >Last weekend at An Tir Crown, during court (which was indoors), there were
          >many people taking photos using flash photography. This caused my beloved
          >(who is from Lochac) to remark "Ever notice how courts tend to happen
          >during thunderstorms with all the lightning flashes going on?"
          >
          >--Kareina

          Karenina,

          IKA showing its head again!! Generally, flash photography only happens when
          specifically approved (usually by an announcement at the start of court).

          Cheers,
          Jane

          ------------------------------------
          Jane Stockton - jane_stockton@...
          Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac

          In Prayse of the Needle - http://needleprayse.webcon.net.au/ (website)
          The Needles Excellency - http://www.laren.blogspot.com/ (blog)
        • Lyle H. Gray
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
            On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Jane Stockton wrote:

            > At 03:00 PM 29/05/2004, you wrote:
            > >Last weekend at An Tir Crown, during court (which was indoors), there were
            > >many people taking photos using flash photography. This caused my beloved
            > >(who is from Lochac) to remark "Ever notice how courts tend to happen
            > >during thunderstorms with all the lightning flashes going on?"
            > >
            > >--Kareina
            >
            > Karenina,
            >
            > IKA showing its head again!! Generally, flash photography
            > only happens when specifically approved (usually by an
            > announcement at the start of court).

            Indeed. In East Kingdom law, flash photography is explicitly
            forbidden in the "central area" of any event. Explicit law
            cannot be rescinded by a declaration in court: "The Crown's word
            has the force of law except where it conflicts with East Kingdom
            Law or the Governing Documents of the Society."

            --
            Lyle H. Gray
            gray@... -- text only, please