Plectrum, was Re: dulcimer

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 19 , May 21, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy" <SabineKdL@y...> wrote:

      > <grin> Well, I have no nails to speak of, and I haven't yet got
      the
      > hang of the whole "chord" concept (have I mentioned lately how
      much I
      > hate stringed instruments?), so I'm hoping a plectrum might be of
      > some use for me.

      We're talking VERY simple chords - thirds, fourths and open fifths
      by plucking two strings, mostly. ;->

      It occurred to me curing quills for pen making might be where to
      search for clues - after all, you want the nib to be hard enough to
      work with, right? Think this might work?

      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/7958/curing-quill.htm

      > The citole sits in its case and snickers at me, I swear it does...
      Man, if Arden made ME something to play, I'd find a way to play it.
      Except the rebec. I've never played anything with a bow and the
      learning curve would probably get me evicted!

      Cheers,
      Jehanne