Linen finishing

  • ACatelli@manafortbrothers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2004

      > I'm disturbingly partial to flat-felled seams - disturbing
      > because they
      > take so much longer to do, especially when you're handsewing
      > everything. But it's worth it to me. :^)
      > Alianor // Sarah Michele Ford

      I've had some luck with machine basting the felling part of the seam.

      My carpal tunnel will flare up if I have to hold the folded-over bit in
      place (or put in umpty million pins), but takes much longer to hurt if it's
      all basted--& the fabric doesn't fray in between times with the basting
      there.

      Just a straight stitch as long as your machine will go near but not actually
      on the edge of the folded over seam allowance.

      Worth a try, anyway.

      The finished product will be all hand-sewn as the basting gets removed when
      the hemming or overcasting is done.

      Ann in CT
      Cecilia Dollmaker