fasting days

  • fionaoftheharp
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2004
      I have been trying to figure out this Wed., Sat. thing. Now I get
      it. Ash Wednesday and Holy Saturday are treated just like Fridays
      during lent. As far as I know the Friday abstinence thing has been
      abolished. I grew up in the Catholic Church...good 14 years of
      Catholic school. None of the nuns abstained on Friday--except
      during lent.

      I doubt if one married on Fridays...In most of period I would guess
      people married on Sundays. It is a random guess, people worked the
      rest of the week. I don't know this to be true...it is just a
      guess. I'm sure people largely married during the spring and
      summer. Also just a guess.

      anyway...
      fiona of the harp