Re: [Authentic_SCA] Dates for things (SILLY)

  • Heather Murray
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2004
      > Okay, this is not my fault, I'm just twisted. Flashing before my eyes
      > is an
      > image of software for the medieval Christian which will calculate for
      > you when
      > you can have sex, go to war, eat, and also remember people's saints'
      > days for
      > you. With lots of pretty charts, decorated with amusing marginal illos.
      > Available in Western, Eastern, Greek, Coptic and Irish. (Don't try to
      > mix-and-match
      > add-ons, they fight over the date of Easter, and your system will go
      > buggy.)
      >
      > I think it should be a Palm Pilot type thing that could be hung from your
      > belt...

      I dunno. Do those things have enough memory to do that much computation?
      You'd have to include a lunar calendar as well as the feasting and holy
      days plus you'd need to be able to separate by date, since some saints
      weren't necessarily a saint in the early gothic that were in the late
      gothic, for example.

      > Raquel, who eats anything she wants that's kosher, unless it's a fast
      > day or
      > Pesach, has sex any time she feels like it except when she's niddah,
      > and can't
      > figure out why the gentiles make it so complicated....

      Heh. Well, I still say that I don't allow any man or woman (outside my
      doc) to dictate to me when I'm in the mood. :) Margaret's Catholic -
      Heather is NOT!

      Margaret Northwode