linen towels

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2004
      Hi everybody,
      I presume it was this list which was discussing using a linen towel at
      events rather than a modern fluffy towel the discussion then went on to the
      question of whether a plain weave linen would be absorbent enough or whether
      to substitute a twill weave cotton. Well I've just found a twill weave linen
      and thought I'd let people know in case inspiration has struck I'm sure I'll
      get around to it sometime, just not for a few years, as I only go camping
      once a year, so I want to get my everyday clothes right (& get some shoes)
      before I start bothering with camping stuff. Anyway here's the link
      http://www.fabrics-store.com/first.php?goto=big_fabric&menu=f&menu=f&fabric_
      id=770 It's a dark 'natural' colour not white, but you could bleach it
      (bleach is safe on plant fibres, right?).
      Elizabeth
      ----
      Elizabeth Beaumont Elizabeth Walpole
      Politarchopolis, Lochac Canberra Australia
      ewalpole@...

      People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun
      is out, but when the darkness sets in ,their true beauty is revealed only if
      there is light from within.
      Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

      The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost. They are added
      to the ages of other women.
      Diane de Poitiers (1499-1566) Attrib.