undies Re: Chauses and Braies

  • Andrew Lowry
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2004
      This same issue of colour braes was recently discussed on the Yahoo group 'aotc' (for age
      of the cotehardie). You may wish to go to that group and look at the messages.

      Regarding the issue of how 14 th century braes stay up usually a draw string is enough. I
      wear a small belt for added support. A lot depends on how well fitted the braes are to your
      body. Better fit less support is required.

      Regarding the later 15 th century smalls they apparently change to jockey style shorts. I
      have never researched it and only base my opinion of what Historical Enterprises & Black
      Swan sell. The 15 th century smalls are very comfortable because of the way the draw
      string works. I won't over share by describing how.

      Richard