Re: Greetings From a New Member

  • aheilvei
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 6:34 AM
      Hi Penny,

      I highly suggest going though the groups files and the links
      sections at the yahoogroups site - as mentioned in the emails you
      should have received when you signed up for this group. There is a
      wealth of information there that is fairly simple to work your way
      though - particularly if you already have a time period and country
      in mind for your family to emulate.

      I also suggest looking through the groups archives; also found at
      the yahoogroups site and also should have been mentioned in the
      emails you received upon signing up for this group. There are a
      fair number of tips on construction as well as ideas for
      modifications of exsisting patterns or pattern books (such as Janet
      Arnold's _Patterns of Fashion__.

      Thirdly, I suggest looking in the database section for the group in
      the file named 'Reading List'. There are over 100 books listed and
      we're always encouraging people to add more when they find them. THe
      subjects for the books range from cooking to clothing to children to
      toys. Anyone who adds a book is *HIGHLY* encouraged to write some
      type of small review with it so that others get a good idea of what
      is good or bad about the book - rather than just a title and author.

      I hope this helps you in your beginning search and welcome to the
      group and the SCA. It's really a fun place to be.

      Smiles,
      Despina