Re: How Authentic is Normal?

  • Lady_Lark_Azure
    Message 1 of 97 , May 3, 2004
      > But, I'm curious. Do other regions dress 'in-period'?

      I don't know where you're from, but I'm in the Southern Region of the
      East. Men dress in everything from T-tunics, pants and bikerboots to
      fabulous 14th C. cotehardies, braies and hosen, or intricately
      embroidered high Elizabethan--with everything in-between.

      I wouldn't take the seeming lack of accuracy in folks around you as a
      gauge for your own standards. If you have a more historical bent
      than the people around you, go for it. You can be a great example
      and may lead them into the wonderful world of authenticity :)

      Isabeau
    • MMM
      Message 97 of 97 , May 14, 2004
        Hmm. See, I'm a believer in Caradoc's philosophy of "don't let the best
        be the enemy of the good". While I certainly realize that biker boots
        are not hand crafted period shoes, I find them a lot more appropriate
        than Docs or addidas. I find biker boots totally ignorable.

        Madinia