Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Amps and CD players

  • Adam MacDonald
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 31 10:24 PM
      Sabine wrote:
      > I think
      > the least offensive alternative in that particular case would have
      > been for everyone involved to graciously acknowledge that live music
      > is indeed lovely and special, before switching to a boombox.
      >
      > I don't know... is this one of those situations where you have a
      > classic best vs. good dilemma?

      If they could have been relatively unobtrusively amped (at least enough to
      overcome to limitations of the facilities acoustics...somewhat) my
      preference would be for the live musicians, rather than the boombox.

      One one hand, you have the live musicians, who can provide all sorts of
      flexibility (song length, tempo, et cetera) - on the other hand there is the
      boombox, with the sterility of a recorded performance.

      I'm not suggesting that you crank the recorder consort up to 11 like Spinal
      Tap, but there can be a middle ground... of course, like David, I would also
      suggest more shawms <heh heh>

      Sasha (more work for musicians!)