Pewter casting was Re: Event tokens - authentic options

  • Aliskye
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004
      I think the question got answered by others but here's another. I
      think the actual melting point depends on what you are using, but I
      see temps listed as between 280F and 600F so it does seem possible to
      do on a kitchen stove.

      On the other hand.....I don't think I would do this in my kitchen.
      On a camp stove on the patio or garage, but not the kitchen (just on
      the let's keep the food prep areas and the craft areas seperate
      theory :) While most pewter sold today is lead-free, I'd still be
      careful.

      regards,

      aliskye