Re: [Authentic_SCA] Help!!!!!

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2004
      >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Norsefolk

      Sorry, I was out of date, the old group is now called Norsefolkarchives
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorsefolkArchives/
      but you dont need to subscribe to it, the archives are publicly available.

      Ranvaig
    • Hrothny
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2004
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2004
          Hi, Ro!

          You might want to talk to the autocrat -- I think she's spoken to
          several folks about coming up to teach classes on Viking-related
          subjects, and she may have some ideas on A&S displays or competitions
          as well.

          Karen

          --- Ro wrote:

          > What have I gotten myself into??? I'll be stepping up as MOAS in May,
          > and in October, Bright Hills will be holding its traditional TnT -
          > this year's theme is Viking/Beowulf.
          >
          > Viking is Not My Period (tm) and so I turn to you folks. Can you
          > recommend some Viking period arts or point me toward some resources?
          > I've already googled and found not a lot.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Ro
          > http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Ro
        • Ro
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 2, 2004
            I'm working with her, but the point of MY coordinating A&S is to take some
            stress off Dame Alianora's shoulders.

            Not that it seems to be working. *Sigh*

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 2, 2004
              I won't be at Kingdom A&S - I'll be working. (I hate it when Real Life (tm)
              gets in the way of Fun Life.)

              I will be in touch with you off list shortly - you are one of the folks I
              want to come up and teach and judge.

              Only the Best for Bright Hills!

              Ro

              http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Ro
              > > What have I gotten myself into??? I'll be stepping up as MOAS in May,
              and
              > > in October, Bright Hills will be holding its traditional TnT - this
              year's
              > > theme is Viking/Beowulf.
              > >
              > > Viking is Not My Period (tm) and so I turn to you folks. Can you
              > recommend
              > > some Viking period arts or point me toward some resources? I've already
              > > googled and found not a lot.
              > >
              > > Thanks!
              > >
              > > Ro
              >
              > A lot of us Vikings will be at Kingdom Arts and Sciences Festival
              (Atlantia)
              > this weekend - you wants I should bring a few references works and spend
              > some time pointing out folks who'd be good resources in your area?
              >
              > Hrothny (Rosine)

            • Ro
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 2, 2004
                And if this sounded snarky - I apologize. I'm in a great deal of pain -
                shoulder sprain and the pain killers from the ER haven't completely kicked
                in.
                If I didn't have spell check on this machine, you wouldn't be able to read
                this.

                I have her list of who's teaching what, I'm trying to add on to it. So,
                Karen Lars-etc. wanna come and teach in Bright Hills? And BRing tha t
                amazing painted chest that won at Holiday Faire?

                Ro the starting to be woozy
                http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Ro
                > I'm working with her, but the point of MY coordinating A&S is to take some
                > stress off Dame Alianora's shoulders.
                >
                > Not that it seems to be working. *Sigh*
                >
                > Ro
                > http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Ro

              • Karen
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
                  Well, the IKEA toybox isn't really much like Viking woodworking at all.
                  Wooden boxes from the Viking era are much more about interesting
                  angles than the plain old right-angle six-panel boxes that start
                  appearing later on.

                  But I can send (off-list) some suggestions for some potential teachers,
                  if you'd like, and I'd be happy to chat with you about A&S stuff for
                  the event. :)

                  Karen Larsdatter
                  (whose name is not nearly as complicated as it used to be) :P

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
                    yes, please and thank you. (I tried to reply off list, but for some reason
                    yahoo won't deliver)