gores and colors

  • hadewigis
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 5:55 AM
      Hi,

      A lot of period dresses are widened with gores in the front, back and
      on the sides. Does anyone know if using a contrasting color for these
      gores is period?

      Hadewijch
    • Talia
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 7:36 AM
        Contrasting color gores are an SCA phenomenon, according to everything I've
        seen so far. If someone could actually come up with research to prove that
        they existed, a lot of people would be happy campers. There are some
        instances of a contrasting panel in some dresses (like the Pieta kirtle),
        but they're fairly few and far between.

        Talia
        Barony of Forgotten Sea
        Calontir