Re: [Authentic_SCA] What's your "thing"?

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 54 , Feb 29, 2004
      My thing?

      Well... I'm best at reading about things and not so good at doing...
      or at least not at finishing things. A long time ago, I deliberately
      pruned the list of things I dabbled with, to try and focus on
      lacemaking and spinning.

      but my interests include:

      Lacemaking, especially bobbin lace and lacis, from the earliest known
      til about 1650 or so.
      Spinning and period spinning apparatus: wheels, spindles, distaffs,
      combs, reels and such
      (I'm the list mom for the SCA-spinning group)
      Warp weighted Loom
      Cardweaving
      other forms of fiber art, from prehistory up thru the end of period
      Viking garb circa 1000
      German/Italian garb circa 1550 - to wear while making lace, of course
      Period cooking- especially over a fire
      period tableware and linens
      Pewter casting and other metal work

      Ranvaig
    • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
      Message 54 of 54 , Mar 6, 2004
        > How about you, or anyone else on
        >this list, do you have any good sources or theories on period
        >basketry?

        There is a yahoo group for basketry too.