What's your "thing"?

  • Tom Knighton
    Message 1 of 54 , Feb 29 7:11 AM
      In the midst of a bout of insomnia last night, I realized something. While
      I have refered many people here in the past because of the level of
      knowledge on this list, I have no earthly idea of exactly what KINDS of
      knowledge there is here. So I thought it would be a fun thread to see what
      areas people focus on and such. I know many of you know one another
      personally and such, but there are some of us in the sticks who feel pretty
      isolated, so come on and share the info :)

      In all seriousness though, I thought it would be a good thing to see who
      does what. Maybe set up some form of resource exchange? Like, if person X
      sews, and person Y inkle weaves, then person Y could make a certian amount
      of trim for person X who would make them a whatever. I don't know, I might
      just be thinking grandious at the moment, but it sounds like a plan. None
      of us can be good at EVERYTHING. Well, maybe Kass, but she's just spiffy
      like that :oP

      Bran
    • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
      Message 54 of 54 , Mar 6, 2004
        > How about you, or anyone else on
        >this list, do you have any good sources or theories on period
        >basketry?

        There is a yahoo group for basketry too.