Re: [Authentic_SCA] sewing kits

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 31, 2004
      From: "Kass McGann" <historian@...>
      To: <Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 11:28 PM
      Subject: [Authentic_SCA] sewing kits

      > Hello all!
      >
      > I'm wondering if anyone has good pictorial or verbal documentation
      > for what was in a noblewoman's sewing kit in late 16th century
      > England. Also, what form did that kit take: basket, box, pouch?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Oh, and if anyone has the same information for mid-15th century
      > England, you may have my first born.
      >
      > Kass

      Is this first born exchangeable for cash (i.e. they claim a child takes
      about $1 million to raise from birth to college so I think that would be a
      fair measure *g*). Anyway have you tried asking Historic Enterprises for
      their documentation? as I know they sell a complete sewing kit (somehow I
      think buying something may help though)
      Elizabeth

      ----
      Elizabeth Beaumont
      MKA:
      Elizabeth Walpole
      Politarchopolis, Lochac
      ewalpole@...

      People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun
      is out, but when the darkness sets in ,their true beauty is revealed only if
      there is light from within.
      Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

      The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost. They are added
      to the ages of other women.
      Diane de Poitiers (1499-1566) Attrib.