Re: family tree painting

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Kristen Dahle" <kjdahle@c...>
      wrote:
      > In one of the last publications of the Medieval Woman calendar,
      there was a
      > painting of several generations of a family sitting in a tree.
      Since I
      > moved a year ago, I cannot find the calendar that this painting was
      in.
      > Does anyone remember what painting this was and where I might still
      find it
      > other than in the calendar?

      Elisa, do you mean the picture in the upper right on Cynthia's page,
      here:

      http://www.virtue.to/articles/headband.html

      I think she lists the attribution somewhere...

      Kass
    • aheilvei
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
        > In one of the last publications of the Medieval Woman calendar,
        there was a
        > painting of several generations of a family sitting in a tree.
        Since I
        > moved a year ago, I cannot find the calendar that this painting
        was in.
        > Does anyone remember what painting this was and where I might
        still find it
        > other than in the calendar?

        If it's the one I'm thinking of it's the geneological tree for the
        Kingdom of Aragon and can currently be seen online (small though)
        here: http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/?
        lid=1009&PHPSESSID=37ecc13b4aafcdc207b0a6e3b2f49f55 click on the
        small bit on the right of your screen to get a full page of it.

        It also gives you a manuscript number to contact the British Library
        with and perhaps get more information or an idea where it may have
        been printed other than the calendar.

        Of course, I could have the wrong geneological tree.

        Despina
      • Kristen Dahle
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
          Thank you, Kass and Despina. The family tree on Cynthia Virtue's site is
          the one I remember from the calendar, but the Kingdom of Aragon tree is the
          one with the information I need. After a friend made an absolutely stunning
          scroll for me with my device on a lozenge, the way I prefer it to be
          displayed, someone said that they thought the lozenge was a Victorian
          invention. I had remembered seeing lozenges used to display arms in a
          family tree from the 15th century, but I couldn't remember where.

          Pax,
          Elisa