family tree painting

  • Kristen Dahle
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      In one of the last publications of the Medieval Woman calendar, there was a
      painting of several generations of a family sitting in a tree. Since I
      moved a year ago, I cannot find the calendar that this painting was in.
      Does anyone remember what painting this was and where I might still find it
      other than in the calendar?

      Pax,
      Elisa
    • Kass McGann
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Kristen Dahle" <kjdahle@c...>
        wrote:
        > In one of the last publications of the Medieval Woman calendar,
        there was a
        > painting of several generations of a family sitting in a tree.
        Since I
        > moved a year ago, I cannot find the calendar that this painting was
        in.
        > Does anyone remember what painting this was and where I might still
        find it
        > other than in the calendar?

        Elisa, do you mean the picture in the upper right on Cynthia's page,
        here:

        http://www.virtue.to/articles/headband.html

        I think she lists the attribution somewhere...

        Kass
      • aheilvei
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
          > In one of the last publications of the Medieval Woman calendar,
          there was a
          > painting of several generations of a family sitting in a tree.
          Since I
          > moved a year ago, I cannot find the calendar that this painting
          was in.
          > Does anyone remember what painting this was and where I might
          still find it
          > other than in the calendar?

          If it's the one I'm thinking of it's the geneological tree for the
          Kingdom of Aragon and can currently be seen online (small though)
          here: http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/?
          lid=1009&PHPSESSID=37ecc13b4aafcdc207b0a6e3b2f49f55 click on the
          small bit on the right of your screen to get a full page of it.

          It also gives you a manuscript number to contact the British Library
          with and perhaps get more information or an idea where it may have
          been printed other than the calendar.

          Of course, I could have the wrong geneological tree.

          Despina
        • Kristen Dahle
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
            Thank you, Kass and Despina. The family tree on Cynthia Virtue's site is
            the one I remember from the calendar, but the Kingdom of Aragon tree is the
            one with the information I need. After a friend made an absolutely stunning
            scroll for me with my device on a lozenge, the way I prefer it to be
            displayed, someone said that they thought the lozenge was a Victorian
            invention. I had remembered seeing lozenges used to display arms in a
            family tree from the 15th century, but I couldn't remember where.

            Pax,
            Elisa