Re: [Authentic_SCA] Handsewing stitches

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
      At 11:19 PM -0500 1/31/04, ranvaig@... wrote:
      >I've volunteered to teach a class in our shire on period finishes for seams.
      >
      >I found this website by Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn
      >http://www.virtue.to/guest_authors/archaeological_sewing.html
      >
      >but am hoping to find something that actually shows the stitches.
      >I know I've seen such a site, but can't find it.

      It used to be in our group files, but when they changed the way they
      stored text and picture files, the internal links stopped working and
      I took it down. Send me a mailing address and I'll ship you a disk.

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****
      Heather Rose Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
        >At 11:19 PM -0500 1/31/04, ranvaig@... wrote:
        >>I've volunteered to teach a class in our shire on period finishes for seams.
        >>
        >>I found this website by Tangwystyl verch Morgant Glasvryn
        >>http://www.virtue.to/guest_authors/archaeological_sewing.html
        >>
        >>but am hoping to find something that actually shows the stitches.
        >>I know I've seen such a site, but can't find it.
        >
        >It used to be in our group files, but when they changed the way they
        >stored text and picture files, the internal links stopped working and
        >I took it down. Send me a mailing address and I'll ship you a disk.

        Thank you VERY much, but could you email it? I have an imac and
        don't have a floppy.. I'd have to borrow someone's computer and email
        it to myself anyway. Or did you mean a CD?

        And will you let me hand out copies?

        Ranvaig
      • Maggie Forest
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 11, 2004
          Kass wrote (and sorry, but I've been away for a while)

          >Okay. This was on Maggie's old pages, but she's taken it down:
          >http://webnz.com/forest/Medieval/articles/garments/sewing/buttonholes/
          >buttonholes.html

          my new url is http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval

          Also, there's a buncha stuff in the Herjolfsnes book which will become a class
          handout in the next couple months.

          /maggie

          Ex Factis Honestas Agnoscitur