Re: Hosen

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 47 , Feb 1, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Willow Polson <willow@c...>
      wrote:
      > At 06:09 PM 1/31/2004 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Garters are tied at the knee.
      >
      > Yeah, I just figured they would help with overall bagginess. Or
      else why
      > would they have used them! 8-)

      If you fit them properly and use the right fabric, they won't be
      baggy. Believe me. They fit like a glove.

      Kass
    • MMM
      Message 47 of 47 , May 6, 2004
        > I am of the opinion that they portrayed them as they saw them, mostly.
        I haven't
        > made any, but it seems that cutting on the bias allows a more fitted
        look.

        > Alcyoneus

        I agree, but they still don't look like tights. We have a lot of
        fellows around here who wear them well (Richard), and even the best
        fitting ones get a bit saggy by the day's end. I was simply attempting
        to delineate tights vs. hosen. Hmmm, now if you got sewn into your
        hosen in the morning..... (if I were male I would be SUCH a fop!)

        MAdinia