Hosen

  • cschutrick
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 30, 2004
      I searched through the archives, because I *know* I've seen a thread
      on this before, but I couldn't find anything.

      Anyone know where I can find a decent beginning pattern for hosen,
      and/or how effective it's gonna be to do the duct-tape method? I
      have decided that my lord really needs some hosen and knee-length
      cotes, and there's this *luscious* wool/cashmere blend on sale at
      Phoenix...

      --Jeannette
    • MMM
      Message 47 of 47 , May 6, 2004
        > I am of the opinion that they portrayed them as they saw them, mostly.
        I haven't
        > made any, but it seems that cutting on the bias allows a more fitted
        look.

        > Alcyoneus

        I agree, but they still don't look like tights. We have a lot of
        fellows around here who wear them well (Richard), and even the best
        fitting ones get a bit saggy by the day's end. I was simply attempting
        to delineate tights vs. hosen. Hmmm, now if you got sewn into your
        hosen in the morning..... (if I were male I would be SUCH a fop!)

        MAdinia