Quibbling my own quibble

  • Anthony J. Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      I stupidly wrote:

      <quibble> Another problem with speaking forsoothly is getting the grammar and
      vocab correct. "Whence" means "from/to where" and thus needs a verb (usually of
      direction) and never, ever is used as "whence from." The sentence should be
      "whence came your cook." </quibble>

      Without stopping to think about what I was writing.

      Sigh.

      "Whence" of course is "from where" -- "TO where" is "whither."

      Sigh...

      Effingfoob