Atlantian Populace Badge

  • Adrienne E. Lapp
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2004
      Greetings!

      I am in search of a large clear graphic of the unicornate seahorse that
      is Atlantia's populace badge. Thus far I have been unable to locate one
      on the web. I'm intending to create such a populace badge for my Lord
      when he visits these lands in An Tir. I have found small, nearly
      unreproducable graphics, but none that suit my needs.

      Thank you,
      Ragnhildr Þórisdóttir
      An Tir
    • uxbridgefox
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2004
        > I am in search of a large clear graphic of the unicornate seahorse
        that
        > is Atlantia's populace badge. Thus far I have been unable to
        locate one
        > on the web. I'm intending to create such a populace badge for my
        Lord
        > when he visits these lands in An Tir. I have found small, nearly
        > unreproducable graphics, but none that suit my needs.

        on this site there are 4 charted badges for counted embroidery
        http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/poppies.htm

        This one in particular could lend itself to other stitiches
        http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/poppies/ffatlantia.htm

        Eleanor le Brun
      • Adrienne E. Lapp
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 26, 2004
          Thank you!

          I'll put these in my list of possibilities. What I'm really looking for
          is just a line art graphic, as I'm planning on doing this in solid
          beadwork, a la medievialbeads.com style.

          :)

          Ragnhildr

          uxbridgefox wrote:

          > on this site there are 4 charted badges for counted embroidery
          > http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/poppies.htm
          >
          > This one in particular could lend itself to other stitiches
          > http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/poppies/ffatlantia.htm
          >
          > Eleanor le Brun
        • Mary Taran
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2004
            At 11:29 AM 1/26/04, you wrote:
            >Thank you!
            >
            >I'll put these in my list of possibilities. What I'm really looking for
            >is just a line art graphic, as I'm planning on doing this in solid
            >beadwork, a la medievialbeads.com style.
            >
            >:)
            >
            >Ragnhildr

            Cross-stitch patterns are perfect for solid beadwork. Substitute bead of
            appropriate color for the x in each box!

            Mary Taran

          • Heather Rose Jones
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2004
              At 10:01 AM -0800 1/31/04, Mary Taran wrote:
              >At 11:29 AM 1/26/04, you wrote:
              >>Thank you!
              >>
              >>I'll put these in my list of possibilities. What I'm really looking for
              >>is just a line art graphic, as I'm planning on doing this in solid
              >>beadwork, a la medievialbeads.com style.
              >>
              >>:)
              >>
              >>Ragnhildr
              >
              >Cross-stitch patterns are perfect for solid beadwork. Substitute bead of
              >appropriate color for the x in each box!

              There are a few pieces of "counted" beadwork from period, but the
              more typical style seems to use couched strings of beads the follow
              the lines of the motifs, similarly to the way the lines of embroidery
              follow the motifs in Opus Anglicanum. I think the couple of Las
              Huelgas beaded pieces are the only ones I've seen that use the
              "counted" layout.

              Tangwytsyl
              --
              *****
              Heather Rose Jones
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2004
                Yes, I'm intending to do the couched method. Not too worried about authenticity on this little piece, but it's nice to know there's some basis for it in period.

                Ragnhildr
                Sewing madly in An Tir

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2004
                  Seems like any reasonable unicornate seahorse will do. This page has a
                  graphic about 1/2 way down:
                  http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm

                  and here are links to 4 x-stitch charts...
                  http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/poppies.htm

                  and here's their home page with little profiles of "Spike" (their
                  unicorn/seahorse) on it
                  http://www.atlantia.sca.org/

                  HTH
                  edwinna