Re: [Authentic_SCA] Doctor?

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2004
      At 1:25 PM -0600 12/31/03, Gerita wrote:
      >Heather Rose (you may now call me Doctor) Jones
      >
      >hrjones@...
      >
      >*****
      >
      >Congratulations, Doctor Jones! May the world waiting before you grant
      >you the honor you deserve after these years of struggle and tears.

      Thanks! Although "the honor I deserve" is somewhat divorced from my
      academic pursuits. (Secret giggle: At the times when I was at my
      most annoyed, dealing with Certain People in my department, I would
      sit there repeating silently in my head, "Yeah, but _I'm_
      *World*Famous* and _you_ aren't." Well, for variants of "world
      famous" that one can be in sca/fannish circles.)

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2004
        At 3:40 PM -0500 12/31/03, Hrothny/Rosine wrote:
        > > Heather Rose (you may now call me Doctor) Jones
        >
        > Hey! This doesn't mean you lose access to YOUR LIBRARY, does it?
        >(No, no, no, bad, bad, bad.... long awaited and desired Piled Higher and
        >Deeper, good. Ripped up library card, bad. Unless new job pays enough to
        >take care of that...)

        I don't lose access -- I just have to join the Alumni Association.
        Although that means I no longer get free ILL. :-(

        I'm currently contemplating the usefulness of ponying up for the
        lifetime membership and getting it over with.

        Tangwystyl
        --
        *****