[Authentic_SCA] Re: Name Help!

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
      At 4:14 PM +0000 12/31/03, Kris wrote:
      >Thanks to everyone who responded! I'm leaning towards a late 1200's
      >to middle 1300's period - German. The name I came up with is:
      >
      >Holda (which means beloved) Abendroth (which means a child born at
      >the close of the day - from the German Abend (evening) and roth (red).
      >
      >So - will it work? or is it too late for the period I've chosen?
      >Thanks everyone!!!!

      Let's start with the background, since you undoubtedly know more
      about the research you've already done on this than we do. Where did
      you find the idea for these name elements? What type of source was
      it? What information did it give you about when and where these name
      elements were used?

      Do you have a particular region in Germany that you're interested in
      (or that you already know the name elements were used in)?

      (Since I'm not at home at the moment, the most I can help with is
      leading questions.)

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****
      Heather Rose (you may now call me Doctor) Jones