Re: [Authentic_SCA] Bliaut sleeves (was Is "Am I Period" still up)

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      In a message dated 12/31/2003 7:50:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:
      > still working away on the embroidery on her bliaut sleeves...
      Please post a picture when you're done - bliauts are /beautiful/
      You'll have to wait a bit. I'm hand embroidering the trim for both sleeves
      and the neckline on the bliaut itself - I have the background split stitch done
      on one sleeve and an working on the couching, and have just started the split
      stitch on the other sleeve. Haven't gotten to the neckline yet.
      I'll then need to make the undergown for it and do some simple embroidery on
      the sleeves and neckline of that. I started the entire project last February
      (2003).
      The bliaut itself is summerweight wool in hunter green, and the embroidery is
      in shades of coral red, peacock blue, and a sort of old gold, with metallic
      gold couching. The underdress will be yellow linen with the same colors of
      embroidery (with a white linen chemise under that as well).

      Brangwayna